Sunday, August 16, 2009

Disclaimer

A Brief Note Before I Begin:
I have heavily resisted the creation of this blog for a long time. Blogs aren't really my thing; they're usually just a tad too self-indulgent for my taste. As my dear friend Laura regularly decries, "Blogs just offend me."
Nonetheless, perhaps hypocritically, here you have it: my very own blog.
What finally drove me to this break down of scruples? I suppose it was my desire to find an easy way to share my experiences abroad with the people I love.
It seems unfair to stick to my anti-blog guns and leave all of you (and it my sincerest hope that "you" are a self-selecting group of people who genuinely want to be reading this and thus will be entertained by whatever I write) in the dark while I make this fantastic transatlantic journey.
So, I've reconciled my blog issues by making this a finite blog with a clear purpose: to allow you to come with me while I take on Italy.
Thus, without further ado, here it is - prettier than an email, faster than a letter, cheaper than a phone call - my Bella Bologna blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment